Team India finally won the Brisbane Test by 3 wickets to snatch the series 2-1 and retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. But this test has become a memory for all of us. It was clearly, not an ordinary series. From trolling Virat for his absence to watching one of the most inexperienced and young Test cricket side creating history, we had it all. So wasting no time further here are some awesome moments that we certainly can not forget for ages.
Have a look:
1. Ajinkya Rahane, who was considered as the stand-in captain sets an example not only by scoring runs but also by his leadership skills
2. One of the most inexperienced and young bowling units makes an astounding impact with their bowling numbers.
3. In the midst of all this, Indian Wicket-Keeper Rishabh Pant starts singing ‘Spiderman Spiderman’
— Sahil Chawla (@SahilChawla93) January 18, 2021
4. India defeats Australia by 8 wickets in Melbourne after chasing a total of 70 in the second innings and level the series 1-1.
5. Shardul Thakur and debutant Washington Sundar taking Australia by storm with their 123-run partnership for the 7th wicket.
6. Hanuma Viari with a torn hamstring and Ravichandran Ashwin with a very sore back makes things uglier for the Australian side. In the 3rd Test, the duo batted till the end of Day 5 and saved the Test and the series.
7. Our Anna, Ravichandran Ashwin gives a betting reply to the Australian skipper after he tried to sled him.
“Can’t wait to get you to the Gabba”
“Can’t wait to get you to India, it will be your last series”
Tim Paine had plenty to say to Ravi Ashwin behind the sticks, but the Indian batsman wasn’t fazed 👊
He even watched the Aussie keeper shell one the next over 👀 pic.twitter.com/pmUNhMVDIe
— Cricket on BT Sport (@btsportcricket) January 11, 2021
8. Cheteshwar Pujara fights back strongly even after getting several bruises in the deciding Test at Gabba.
9. Rishabh Pant scores a heroic 89 to win the historic Gabba Test and series by 2-1.
10. India beats Austalia after 32 longs years in the Gabba fortress and India also won the series 2-1 to retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.